Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Leavin, on a Jet Plane....

I have not been home to see my family in over a year and a half. I think it's about time I go for a visit. I am taking the two Cowpokes with me. We are all so very excited. We are going to be gone for two weeks. And I am leaving behind some things that I am going to miss........ Those eyes....... That fuzzy forelock..... That sweet girl. I am a bit worried I am going to go away for two weeks and come home to a filly that is a bit darker in color. Then there is the other girl. That Belle dog. Her sweet eyes and the way she snores at night...... Belle is so sweet to the horses. The horses are sweet back to her too. I think they know Belle is a laid back calm dog and doesn't want to chase them around. Maybe it's Belle's body energy or something. Or something.....:) They are sweet. Then I will miss....... Her big muscled rump! And maybe miss a bit of this.... Her little pink tongue. She likes to lick my hand when I scratch her shoulder. And most of all, I will miss this...... Josephine's milk muzzle. Pearl gets streams of milk coming from her and Josephine never misses a drop. Even if it does hit her nose first. I'll miss this little fuzzy filly too. Whom I call Tater when Mr. Cowboy isn't around. And when he is around I call her Luna. She is a sweet little girl. She is almost four and a half months old now. And she is Mr. Cowboy's favorite. "Hey, Mr. Cowboy! No kissing other girls while I am gone!" Would you believe that Mr. Cowboy has told me on many different occasions that he does not like horses? I don't believe it. But while I am gone, I'll miss him too! Those muscles!! I mean on the filly, the Filly's muscles! I'll miss rubbing her rump while she eats. She loves a good butt scratch! My father in law has promised me to take good care of my babies while I am gone. And Mr. Cowboy is going to hold the fort down with Belle and Brodi. The two scary guard dogs!

I am going to try to visit blogs while I am gone. I will try to comment when I can, but my parents are still a bit old school. They have dial up..........

18 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

Have fun and enjoy your family!

Carolina girl said...

I hope you guys have a great trip! =)

Unknown said...

Aww have fun. Cute babies, too cute.

Paint Girl said...

Have a wonderful visit with your family!
I'd miss all those cuties too! I love Luna! She is awesome! Well, I actually love them all. They are all awesome!

gwen said...

Have fun!

gwen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grey Horse Matters said...

Great pictures. Have a fun vacation.

Aunt B said...

Ah.... there's no place like home. I hope the family has a great time. Savor every moment.

Anonymous said...

Those swee guys are easy to miss. Have fun.

Unknown said...

Have fun! And don't worry I am sure you will come home to a bay filly. Whooops I mean buckskin filly...LOL!!

Just don't worry about it cause there is nothing you can do about the color of a baby - just have a good time on your trip.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Dial UP!!!! You better just enjoy your family. What state are you heading to by the way?

Carroll Farm said...

Have a great vacation!! We will miss you, but be sure to update us when you get back.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Dial up? Where do they live, girlfriend? A cave? lol!

I loved this post. Especially the milk muzzle pic. So precious!
Makes me even more excited to see this new foal being born over at Val's barn. Why do they keep us waiting so long, eh?

Have a great visit and we'll see ya when you get back.

~Lisa

KD said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip! At least you know that your critters will be well taken care of.

The Wades said...

We will miss you but hope you have fun.

I love that precious foal with all the colors. Too darn cute.

I vote Tater, just when your hubby isn't reading this. ;)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those babies are beautiful! Isn't it interesting how foals can change coat colors? I love Tater/Luna's palomino coat!

Paula said...

Well . . .we all like well muscled . . . Horses! Yeh, horses!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.