Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Else Could Happen?

Like every other mother these days, I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I have been going to town almost everyday, which is a 30 minute drive one way. I find a gift and then bring it home only to find out that the person to which the gift is for already has what I had purchased. So, then it's back to town again. Yesterday, I was on the hunt for a red bike with flames. This is at the request of Big Cowpoke. So, my mission, to find that bike. I started at one of the three WalMart stores in our area. Can you believe that there was only one bike left his size, and it was far from red. My heart sunk. Christmas is two weeks away! Where have all the bikes gone? Next stop, the bicycle store. They are professionals there. They will have a red bike perfect for Big Cowpoke. Now, while on these shopping adventures I am far from alone. I take a long Little Cowpoke and Cowpokette. Little Cowpoke was very excited about going to a bike store. He seemed to like the girl bikes better. More colors and more sparkle. I tried to redirect his attention to the boy bikes. Then he found a tricycle. How much fun, he could ride it around the store. Then he parked it. Yes, he did in deed park it. Right into a row of about 10 other bikes. Down went the first four bikes, just like dominos. I grabbed them and asked Little Cowpoke to grab the rest. Oh he grabbed them alright. He finished off the row of bikes for me. They all fell down. I was so red and sweeting profusely at this point. A man said, "Do you need some help?" I wanted to say, "Nope, I've got this all under control. Let me hold my baby, spank my toddler, and set up these bikes here for ya, okay?" But instead I said I was looking for a red bike and all they ended up having was one red bike for 90 dollars and then the 2008 bikes for 130 dollars. I think they have lost their minds and I was off to Target. I apologized for the domino effect with the bikes and quickly left before anything else happened.
I did not find a bike and I ran out of time to look at the other two WalMart stores in our area. You know you are in the south when you have three, that is right, three walmarts with in a 20 mile radius of each other. I love the selections though!!

This brings me to today. I wanted to leave early this morning to go to town and search for a bike. Yet again, my plans were spoiled. I walked on the treadmill for about 11 and a half minutes, not nearly long enough to loose any sort of weight. Then I quickly showered and was getting ready to leave when Little Cowpoke has declared that he wants to sit on the potty. And that is just what he did.

Thirty minutes later he was locked in our bathroom. Our toilet has it's own little room. There he stayed for thirty minutes. Finally I knocked on the door and asked if everything was alright. He opened the door and declared, "I go on potty. See!!" He pointed to the shut lid so very proud of himself. I said, "Way to go buddy!" We exchanged high fives, then I noticed it. The entire roll of toilet paper was missing. Gone. I asked him where it was and he smiled and pointed to the toilet. I opened up the lid and low and behold an entire roll of unraveled toilet paper wadded in the toilet. Oh dear. I started to laugh. I couldn't help it. We both laughed.

Here it is. The wadded mess. There was more I pulled out of the hole. I love toddlers. They are so inventive. At this moment I had to feed Cowpokette. I was sitting on my bedroom floor feeding her when Little Cowpoke walked out of my bathroom with a confused look on his face saying, "eah eah.....". I had to look twice. At first I thought he might have gotten into my lipstick again, but on second glance he had blood all over his mouth and on his hand. I had no idea where it came from or what was going on. The baby was put down and we went into the bathroom to grab a towel. I asked him what he was doing? I dabbed his mouth to see where the blood was coming from. There was a lot. I stayed calm so he would stay calm. He had two slits on his upper lip. I asked him what he was doing. He just stared at me. I finally figured out that he was trying to shave. Just like his dad. He cut his top lip with the razor. We then moved into the kitchen to get some ice and water. Little Cowpoke wanted a band aid. I tried putting one on his lip but as you all know did not work. It was way too big. So, after about 45 minutes of Cowpokette crying and me blotting Little Cowpokes lip, it stopped bleeding. The time was now 1:30 and I was not going to make it to town. *Sigh*. The bike hunt will be left for Internet shopping. That is my final conclusion. After these last two days I am not sure I want to leave the house. I just want to crawl under my covers and hide. Big Cowpoke better love his bike, that I don't have yet, but will get, if it kills me. I hope your Christmas shopping is going better than mine! Wow, what a day, until next time y'all come back now ya hear.


Amanda said...

Yikes! Tingles, and nausea and all that other fun stuff!!!! I'm so sorry and I hope that red bike falls out of the sky for you.

Squatly said...

yet again reafirming how i am not yet fit for motherhood! goodness!

Karen said...

Good heavens! You need a hot, bubbly bath after a day like that. Kudos for keeping calm and collected. I would surely have lost my cool somewhere in the course of the day.

Flea said...

Oh how funny! Both my boys have cut themselves trying to shave like daddy. Now my 13 year old shaves for real. But the 10 year old took the razor to his head, leaving a little bald spot! So it doesn't get better as they get older - only more foolish. Preparing to be frat boys, I suppose.

Good luck with the bike hunt!

Shellie said...

We have had several trying to shave episodes at our place too. I feel for you.