Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's Hot!

Belle spends the majority of her time in the water troughs. It's just plain HOT here. I rode Ozzie this morning because I thought some people were coming in the evening to look at him. But they didn't come. So, I called them and they said they might come tomorrow morning. They sound really interested it's just they are really busy this weekend with a rodeo they are putting on and we are leaving on Sunday for our Dude Ranch. So, I hope we can get things together before we leave. I told them they could come and ride him when I got back, but she wanted to come and see him before. So, I hope it works out. They either have to come before 10 am or after 6 pm. It's just too hot in between those times.

But I am off to bed. Tomorrow I am going to start packing some of my jeans and long sleeved shirts. Do I really need those up there? Anyone been around Buena Vista, Colorado in July?

6 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Yes, you will need the long sleeved shirts and likely a hoodie or sweater too. Buena Vista has an elevation of 8,000ft-so the evenings and nights may feel pretty chilly compared to what your used too. The rain up there can feel pretty chilly too.

I'm excited for you guys. Are you flying right into BV or to Denver and then driving? I haven't been down Hi285, but I'm sure it's pretty. Should you take I-70 to Hi24, it's absolutely beautiful going over Vail Pass this time of year-and not even likely to run into a snow storm...but it can happen.:)

Fingers crossed that lady gets a chance to see Ozzie before you leave.

Melanie said...

I just want to jump up and down and squeal when I think of your vacation! You are going to have the trip of a lifetime, and you better be sure to bring lots of batteries for that camera of yours. :)

PS-It's hot here too, and the humidity is around 50%. Yuck!!!!

Gayla said...

Have a great time!

Mrs. Mom said...

Have an AWESOME trip there woman!!!!

Pack warm- you'll get delightfully CHILLY in the evenings!!

Fingers still crossed for Ozzie. Stay cool while you can, and be sure to take TONS of pictures for us please!!

The Wades said...

I would complain on and on about our heat (it was over 102 today) but then I remember your humidity!

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Just saw Michelle's comment above mine. It's crazy how different our temps can be when we only live about an hour away from each other in NM....but she is at 4,000 ft and we are at 7,000 ft. Our temps have been staying in the 70-80's during the day...maybe even the low 90's, but at night it gets chilly, down into the low 60's.
And last night it was down to the mid 50's. I was so cold!!!

But thankful, too. It's so nice being able to go to bed with the windows open...and covered in blankets in July!

I hope that situation works out for Ozzie!

Have a great vacation!

~Lisa