Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We Had A Blast!

This past year Mr. Cowboy and I joined a Mardi Gras Krewe. And this past weekend was our annual ball. It was so much fun! The theme for our ball was Greatest Rock Bands of all times. As gifts to our guests, we gave the guys blow up guitars and the ladies some blow up microphones. Everyone got a pair of "Cheap Sunglasses". Our tables themes were ZZ Top. I made the table decorations. It was really fun! I had a barb wire ring with a glittery ZZ Top sign hanging from it! And yes, that is Mr. Cowboy in the background glowing!! The other table was a bit crowded, but the center piece was a picture of ZZ Top. Mr. Cowboy is a big ZZ fan! Oh, and the guys got cool light up glasses and the ladies got light up martini glasses. Laura showing off her husband's cool cup!! I love the look on his face!! ha ha ha!! At the beginning of the ball the Krewe announces the court. In between the Kind and Queens and Duke and Duchess announcement there are jesters that come out and do skits! They are hilarious! So here are some of them! The King of ZZ Top!! His wife the Queen of Boston! They did a really great job doing their head dress thingys!! They put a lot of time and money into those things! Then it was on to some jester skits! There was some Risky Business And let me tell ya, it was risky!! The Duke of Van Halen! Then is wife the Duches of Journey. They were great! Then onto more Jesters! Mr. Roboto! This was great! Yep, those are tassels!! She was awesome! The Princess of Guns and Roses. Then her husband, the Prince of KISS!! And there were more Jesters! The Blues Brothers! Jay, the best Jester of the night! Barbie Girls Skit! It was hilarious! My good friend Rapping it up as Run DMC! She was awesome! Then we finally got to party!!! Rock ON!!!! We had two tables of guests, a total of 14 couples. It was a lot of fun! There was dancing, and laughing, and lots of singing! We were some super hot chicks! Laura and her hubs! Dancing like it was 1999! Mia and her husband, who I was surprised could dance so well!! My beautiful sister in law and her husband. That is Mr. Cowboy's brother! Mr. Cowboy in all his glory! Everybody should have a pair of "Cheap Sunglasses!" Some superfine ladies! Mia and her Husband. He looks kinda scary there but he is really super cool! I think everyone had a great time! Me getting down to some Prince! Our fantastic table!! We had a great time! My friends who now are in the Band with KISS!! The band was nothing with out them! Me and my Stud Muffin, with his brown cowboy boots! He refused to wear the black tux shoes. But that's okay, because I put on flip flops after the dance started! Mr. Cowboy's bro waiting for pictures to be over! Our group shot. Except the person using my camera had no idea how to take pictures so some of our group got taken out. Blah! I need to go and steal someone else's group shot off of facebook. There we go! That is so much better! Our group of the most fun people ever! We all had a great time and I thank all my friends for coming to our Krewe De La Fou Ball with Mr. Cowboy and Myself!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like soooo much fun! Too bad I couldn't come earlier and been the odd man out. That's okay, because I don't have a ball gown to wear anyway. You look super hot in yours and I still think you should bring it on the cruise and make sure to bring the cheap sunglasses!

The Wades said...

Wow! You guys sure know how to live it up out there! Mardi Gras never even enters my mind. Looks like an incredible evening. Happy for you.

Danielle Michelle said...

Way fun! I'm jealous. I haven't celebrated Mardi Gras correctly in a long time! People in Colorado don't get 'Carnival' at all. They need more culture.

Karen said...

Girl, you sure know how to have a good time! Looks like a fun night.

The Wife said...

Looks like a blast!

Paint Girl said...

Looks like a great time and I love those costumes!!! So much fun!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks like Prom Gone Wild in those photos with all the prom dresses and tuxes! LOL!

You guys sure know how to live it up!
Do you ever sleep?
:D

~Lisa