Monday, June 2, 2008

We're Back!!

We have made it back home. We had such a wonderful weekend! It was a total suprise and I had no clue. Today is a really busy day. We are having the front of our house torn off because it is rotting (yes our house is only two years old), and we ahve to pick up hay at 1pm, and I need to do laundry, fix lunch, and take a nap. So, until I can really get back here and tell you all about our adventure, I will leave you with a picture of where Mr. Cowboy took me.

This is Dunleith. Well, it's the back of the Plantaion home. We stayed inside there, on the third floor. It was so much fun!!!

This is the front of the house!! The house was built in 1856. But I took tons of pictures. So, I will tell you all about it later. I promise I will post more tonight.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't 1856 the end of the war? I didn't know they were still building mansions like that then. That's just gorgoeus!

And since I can't find your email address anywhere, those fly predators work. Seriously. Go check them out - we've not had one fly at the stable all summer and that's saying a lot.

Wendy said...

Lucky girl!! That place is gorgeous. You didn't see any of those old Louisiana plantation ghosts did you?? lol

What's up with your house??? Oh my goodness! I would be FREAKING out! You waited so long for that house! It's never ending isn't it?

kdwhorses said...

Beautiful house! What a great man to surprise you like that! Hope you all had a great and relaxing weekend!

BarnGoddess said...

omg how awesome! I cannot wait to hear about it!

I am a ghost fanatic, is this place haunted or reportedly haunted????

The Wades said...

Good times! Excited to read more. We don't see any buildings like that here in NM! :)

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Karen, I'm pretty sure the end of the war was 1865. Looks so nice Andrea! I can't wait to see and hear more. It is so much fun to look over your 'backyard' fence in the south. So different than here in Northern Cali.

Pony Girl said...

Wow, that place looks amazing at night. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about it. You are one spoiled girl! ;)

Danielle Michelle said...

Hmmm...I think I need to get a guy like yours. We're romantic if we end up spending the day together driving cattle or branding and get to end the day at the arena roping or something that we've chosen to do...and then fall into bed usually dirty and exhausted.