Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fingers? Who needs Fingers? They are way overrated!

Big Cowpoke is in Cub Scouts. Every year, there is a big Derby race. The cub scouts make their own derby cars to see who's car is the fastest or coolest looking. It's rather exciting. Big Cowpoke is really excited. It's his first year and he wants to make a tank. Mr. Cowboy tried to tell him that the tank will not win, but I don't think that should matter. Maybe he will win the most original. Well, Little Cowpoke also wants to make a race car. He wants the car that Speed Racer drives. So, I designed it and then Mr. Cowboy started to cut it out, and then he took the saw and cut his finger. Oh, dear. I was giving the kids a bath, and there was blood everywhere. He was refusing to go to the Emergency Room. We called a friend who is a Nurse Practitioner, and she said to go to the ER and get some stitches. If you looked at the cut, you could see white. I just knew that wasn't good. So, after debating over going to the ER or not (for hours), Mr. Cowboy finally went. Stubborn Cowboys. But really, who needs their pointer finger anyway? They are way overrated!What am I to do with him? He went to the cub scout meeting last night and a fellow Dad offered to help him finish cutting out Little Cowpoke's car. No more saws for Mr. Cowboy. Big Cowpoke's tank is almost finished. We need to sand it and put some wheels on, so I guess we are far from finished. Oh, dear. He is really excited about it. That boy loves anything camo. You are never fully dressed with out camo shirt, camo pants, and camo flip flops. Yep, that is how it is done. So, the tank will be decked out in camouflage. And Little Cowpoke's Mache Five will be white with the letter "M" on the fenders. Oh, he is so excited. I need to get some pictures of the cars and all the cutting action. Mr. Cowboy still has his finger bandaged, and he will get the stitches taken out in 12 days. That gets to be my job, I am excited!!! These last few days have been super crazy. I hope to get out to the barn today and get Ozzie saddled and work him for a little big. I have some training things I want to try with him. And here are some pictures that Mr. Cowboy took with my new camera. I hate that he just picks it up and takes better pictures than me! But I still love him. So, not fair. I hope the sun comes out today so I can play with my horses. Oh, and one more thing. If you want to try and win some toffee, go check out this fantastic food blog, Gourmet Mom on the Go. She has some of the coolest ideas, I so want to try and make the jello one!! So, go and get you some toffee!! It's easy and it's really yummy!

13 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good thing he finally went to the ER. I remember when my son was in boy scouts and the Derby. No fingers were lost in the making of the Derby car, which was fun to help him make and paint etc... It was a fun time enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

You probably think I'm crazy following you from the suburbs of IN. But, I would love to live on a farm with horses, and the beautiful sunsets. So, if you don't mind, I'll live vicariously through you :).

Men and their power tools, geesh...

Holly Lane said...

I can't wait to see the cars!!

Unknown said...

eeew. I shouldn't have read about the finger till AFTER breakfast :(

Paula said...

Hey there! Thanks for stoppin' in and leavin' a comment!! I've got you saved and I'll be checkin' back!

Your blog background is fantastic! I love it - now for the finger - glad it is still in tact and fully functional!

Good luck to the cowpoke! Take lots of pictures!

Blessings~
Paula

Unknown said...

Pretty pictures indeed!

And thank you so much for not posting pictures of the finger. I was all tense sure that you would and ready to bolt...but there were only pretty pictures to be found. I relaxed.

Karen said...

We loved the pine car derby when we had a boy in scouts. You'll have to let us know how the big race goes!

Rambling Woods said...

Thanks for not posting pictures of the bloody finger...Men are men aren't they? My husband is the same way....

Train Wreck said...

Oh my! I am glad he decided to get the stitches! Stubborn Cowboys! Those are some great pictures. Yours are always beautiful too. How can you go wrong ,with those little cow people and those ginormous blue eyes!
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Felt like a hug.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

This brought back Derby memories....great photos Andrea.

Wendy said...

Man you are getting good with a camera. I really wish I was going to the Rodeo with you. We would go in a heart beat! No Billy however. I think he is moving on. Just not sure to what! Enjoy the warm weather.

The Wades said...

Poor Mr. Cowboy! But, he sure can take some GORGEOUS pictures!! (Just like you can, my friend!)

Stay safe.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yikes! I'm glad he listened to you and went to the ER. Sometimes the menfolk can be so stubborn. He really does take some terrific photos. (He also makes awesome suckers, too! hehe)
But your photos are pretty awesome, too.
Your camo cowboy is so adorable. Don't tell him that, though. lol!

~Lisa