Monday, January 5, 2009

My Diva

This morning I was out in the front yard pulling weeds. With this warm weather weeds have been popping up everywhere. I dug out some landscaping rocks and pulled weeds. It was very therapeutic. And all this was before 8 am. Such a productive morning. Then, I got to take a quick shower before the Cowpokes woke up. We have had a rough last couple of days.

Cowpokette has had a fever. She has not been sleeping well. She will wake up in the middle of the night and need me to hold her and rock her back to sleep. She is my first child to absolutely despises medicine. If you walk up to her with the medicine and a dropper she will start gagging. I can hold the bottle up to her and she will shake her head and push the medicine away. Drama Queen. It takes Mr. Cowboy holding her down and plugging her nose so I can give her some penicillin. If we are lucky she won't throw up. It's really all a mental thing, well at least I think it is. She gets herself all worked up. Before, when I have given her medicine, she took it just fine. But now, when she sees me coming with the pink stuff, boy does she get upset. She is my little Diva. Drama, drama, everywhere. Don't be deceived by her appearance. She really is a terror when the medicine bottle is around. "Who me? I looovvee to take medicine. I don't give my Mom or Dad any problems *cough cough*" Good thing she is so cute. Yep, that is just about the face she gives me when I am approaching her with the bottle of the pink stuff. Then her head starts to shake "no" and her hands start waving the bottle away. She is such a little stinker.Oh sure, now she smiles. She sure didn't look like that when I was there a minute ago. I will have to take a picture, or even better, a video of her tonight when I approach her with the medicine bottle. I sure do not think that it's funny. I really do not know how to get her to like taking the medicine. Maybe she will just grow up being my little Diva. Cowpokette even has some Diva eyes. One sure looks bigger than the other. It must have been the angle I was sitting at. I also haven't quiet got the hang of getting my camera to focus in two places. I only got the left eye in focus. I guess one of these days I will have to get out the book that came with the camera and learn how to use my new toy. I don't only have a Diva Cowpokette, I have a Diva Little Cowpoke. Little Cowpoke is at the stage where he likes to have his picture taken. He also loves to pose for the pictures. And yes, he was wearing a "muscle" shirt in January. I am telling ya, it was 77 degrees here yesterday. My tulips are starting to come out of the ground and I am going to have to cut the lawn before all the clover takes over. It's out of control. So, the weather and my little Diva are both acting strange.

12 comments:

Carolina girl said...

Great pictures! So what kind of camera did you get?

d2cmom said...

You're actually supposed to um...work...(excuse my language) before 8:30 in the morning? I don't do any outside stuff before about that time. And most of the time, I am still in my pajamas carrying feed after 8:30.

It's been warm in Texas, too. My kid's wearing shorts around town during Christmas vacation. Today, though, cold and RAINING!! Woohoo!

Izzy said...

For a sick kid she sure looks great! That camera is doing a great job! I noticed your sister is taking great pictures too. I think I am going to have a burial for my camera! Perhaps I could give it some of Cowpokette's medicene?

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Such a pretty little girl

Rambling Woods said...

Wonderful series....Your story made me remember my daughter and the fight with the darn pink antibiotic.. Man..it was a battle and then the gagging...I don't miss that..but your kids are adorable..

Pony Girl said...

Oh that is too funny!! Look at her! She's so charming, she knows she has ya'll wrapped around her little princess pinky! But how could you resist those eyes?? Geesh, I couldn't! ;-)
You're doing a great job with the new camera, I think the pics turned out amazing!

The Wades said...

Your new camera (and you) is taking some EXCELLENT pictures!! love 'em!

Anonymous said...

She's a ham! I'm sorry she gives you such a hard time with meds but it is rather funny how she can turn around and look so angelic.

Your pictures are really nice!

ang.

ezra_pandora said...

Ahhh, my little guy was the same exactly way. I see she has a pacifier though :)) They have this wonderful little invention that is a pacifier nipple on a little medicine cup. It may not work with her, but it sure did with my guy. Of course now he's all about the yummy tasting bubble gum medicine and wants it even when he doesn't need it. We joke we have a future little druggy. Joking of course. She's a cutie though.

My eyes are slightly uneven too. Like one of my eyes shows slightly more eyelid than the other does. I can notice it, but everyone else tells me I'm imagining things. I don't think so.

Thanks for the toffee tip email :) I believe I fixed it (after much resizing and doing over and over and over again, but I got it) and I emailed Ron. Can't wait for that yummy toffee :))

Karen said...

She's getting prettier each day, and your photography is stellar. Would she take it in her bottle, if you just gave her two ounces?

gtyyup said...

77 degrees???? It's not fair I tell ya!! Ha!

Both of your lil' Diva's are just adorable...Miss Diva sure doesn't look very sick ;~)

I think your new camera is great!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your little Diva is gorgeous! She look the way I want to look when I am sick...pretty as all get-out!

Great photos, Andrea.

~Lisa