Thursday, March 13, 2008

Disaster Strikes again.

I absolutely love Southern Living at Home. It is the coolest house decorating stuff around! You can't just get it anywhere either. You have to go to a party or host a party. I had hosted a party and it was huge. I got all kinds of stuff for half price and for free. It was truly exciting. One of my favorite things that I got from them was a vase. It so cool. I love it. This is what it looks like.

I have them all, but not the red one. I really want the red one. And really I have the old design and I love and need the new design!! Aren't they fabulous? I sure think so. But there is a sad side to this story. A very sad side. This is what mine looks like now.After a six year old boy threw a large exercise ball at my wall, knocked down my wall sconce broke my picture frame and then hit my vase and it all shattered on the floor. *wiping my tears*. Needless to say the boys stayed in their rooms for the rest of the night. I was very upset and mad. Yes it's just a vase, and it's material, but I am human and I was sad. That is how my day ended. But this is how it started. These moments far out weigh those other moments. I just want to grab those cheeks and squeezer her!! I think I need about 10 more of these!! They are such goofs. Moments like these just make me forget about that silly vase. Well, at least for a minute. Big Cowpoke was so sorry. He apologized and then asked if he could glue it back together for me. He really tried to make it all better. Kids make life interesting.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor vase. And those cheeks!!! You should have let Cowpoke go crazy with the superglue!

Karen said...

I'm so glad you found things to be happy about. Wonderful, chubby cheeked, smiley things. Because that vase was a true tragedy.

Wendy said...

I'm all for having 10 more. Well, I'm all for YOU having 10 more. I don't want 10 more. I'm satisfied with my 3!!!

However, if you DO decide to have 10 more, hold off on the pretties until they are grown and gone!!! lol

BTW, I really like those vases. I need all three of them. They are the exact colors of my kitchen.

Tanya Breese said...

I love those vases too! I want them. So sorry about the loss of your beloved vase. I can totally understand you being upset. I've been there many times. And lol, what's with the exercise ball, my boys always have mine out. I swear, it gets more use from them playing with it than me actually using it,lol.
Thanks for coming by and your advice on my little Daisy. I've wondered about those invisible fences and if they work. :)

Tanya Breese said...

Oh, by the way, your babies are such little pumpkins! Too cute!!

Danielle Michelle said...

Since you left me a comment I had to check out your blog. I love it and your kids are beautiful. I also am working on a 'baby' after disaster struck last year, and have a similar looking stud in mind...small world. Not to mention my father's side of the family are from Louisianna. Baton Rouge and Lafeyette (sp?). Anyway, when Little Britches Rodeo finals comes to call we always have dinner with the creoles at least one night out of the week! Good Luck with everything!