Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday, Mr. Cowboy came home with flowers and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat. It was a surprise and a wonderful treat. We tried to go to this fancy steak house but it was booked up until 10pm. And I wasn't going to eat dinner at 10 o'clock at night. So, we went to eat dinner at the Jack Daniel's Bar and Grill. It is a good place to eat and I like it, but the food I ordered was really gross. I should have stuck with what I normally get. That is what I get for trying something new. It was just really nice to go out to eat with out kids. Mr. Cowboy and I then hit up the local Cold Stone for some ice cream. That was well worth the trip to town. YUM!!!

Sunday, we all got up to Mr. Cowboy making scrambled eggs and bacon. We all then got dressed and headed out, late, to church, like always. Church was really wonderful. They talked about mothers and influential woman. It was really good. Then the kids made me special gifts in their classes. They have really wonderful teachers. Here are the flowers that Big Cowpoke made me. Can you see what they are?Cookies, gum drops, and candy wedges. It was so yummy! And such a very cute idea. Little Cowpoke and Cowpokette made me some really cute cards! Mr. Cowboy gave me a card and I got a card in the mail from my Dad. We then came home and I tried to do the dishes. When Mr. Cowboy came around the corner and sternly told me, "You just need to get away from those dishes. Just go and sit down and do nothing!" Well, he didn't have to tell me twice.

I put in the movie, Marley and Me, while Mr. Cowboy did the dishes and folded laundry. It was wonderful. And that movie, oh my goodness, I think I cried the entire last half of the movie. I lost my yellow lab, Bear, about 9 months ago, so it was a bit of a touchy subject. Then after the movie I got to go outside and play with my Ozzie horse. Sunday morning Ozzie got both back legs stuck in the fence. He was trying to kick at another horse and both legs slipped through the middle wire. Thank goodness it wasn't barb wire. His legs got cut up a bit on the front side of his hocks. They were pretty swollen, so I hosed him off and put some Vetrolin on him. With some wound dressing. He is doing a lot better this morning. I am going to hose him off today and do the same to his legs and then see if he is sound to ride for Tuesday. Here is a picture of us from the other day. Don't look at my horrible equitation, I am really out of shape. Gotta work on those abs to hold me up better! I am really excited to get back on him. I free jumped him and he did really well. But I'll tell about that next time.

I hope every one had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

11 comments:

Danielle Michelle said...

Ozzie looks great! I need to get out and school the ponies too...been lazy lately...

Happy Mother's day! THe candy flowers are awesome!

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Just wanted to let you know I really like the hair do you got recently. It is nice. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Way to go Andrea's family!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to see you had a great Mother's Day. Love all of your flowers and that great picture of you on your horse. Have more fun rides. Hope he heals quickly.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'll bet the teachers had a hard time keeping the kids from eating those Mother's Day gifts before they reached Mom. That is a really cute project.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! They are cookies and candy! That is so cute!!

I am glad overall that your Mother's Day was nice - but sorry your dinner sucked! Hope you made up for it with a glass or two of Jack and Coke!

You and Ozzie look fine! You're just practicing, don't be so hard on yourself - I just handed this advice out to someone else in blogger world today and know I could use a dose of it too sometimes, but remember give yourself permission to be imperfect! I try to, when I am practicing, give myself permission to do that. I try to do everything the best I can but if its not...well then, no big deal, better in the practice pen than in the show ring right?

PS Ozzie has a cute stride!

Carolina girl said...

I love your flowers...both the real and the edible ones! Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky woman Andrea..and so is your family having you...

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Boy, Ozzie looks good going english.

Glad you got a great Mother's Day weekend. You deserved it!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww, I'm so glad that you were pampered on and adored by your family for Mother's Day. You truly deserve it, my friend.
Sorry about Ozzie. I hope he's healed up by now.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

~Lisa

Margaret Cloud said...

What a wonderful husband and tell him his flowers sure was a clever idea. Looks like you had a nice mom's day.

The Wades said...

That picture of you and your son is stunning! Love it! I'd say Mr. Cowboy was Mr. Sweetie. What a good dy.