Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brodi Dog

I have this dog. He is very special. I have had him for 8 years now. He is a wonderful boy. He loves love, and loves to be pampered. At times I have thought of him as a large house cat. He lounges around the house taking lots of naps and he is ever so emotional. His face has so many expressions. I am not saying this just because he is mine, he really is a special dog. He is not like a real dog. He has been this way since I got him. I found my first love, Brodi, at the young age of 5 months old. He was at the dog pound. He was the last one of the litter. I walked into the pound and looked at all the other barking dogs and I was thinking, "I don't want any of these loud jumpy dogs." Until I looked at the kennel behind the door. It was him. Just sitting there all sweet. He never jumped up or even barked. When I took him into a room to play, he just wanted up on my lap to be petted and loved. That was just the beginning of a long friendship.

I took him home and have loved him ever since. We have been on many adventures together. Brodi and I have traveled cross country a few times, and he loves to go to horse shows, and he has been in his fair share of dog shows. I just love that dog!

He has a great personality. If you look closely to that picture you will notice his left paw slightly lifted. He is being a wimp here. Telling me how his paw hurts. There is really nothing wrong with it. He just wants you to feel bad for him. He is a faker!!! And then look at that pathetic face. He is giving me that look of "please pay attention to me mom". Brodi is really a funny dog.

What I love the most about Brodi is how lazy he is. I love how he is always up for a good nap. But he is not a normal dog. He can not just nap on the hard floor. He prefers my bed, but he is dirty so he is not aloud in my bed. So, when he can not sneak into my bed, he sleeps elsewhere. Here is my Jack Rabbit dog. It's a new breed. They love to sleep with their legs up. I actually think he was really trying so hard to fit on the kids' beanbag. Ahhh yes. That is better more comfy. That is my Brodi dog. Just as long as he is comfortable. I think he looks like a rabbit, with big back legs!! He is such a good boy. I couldn't imagine a day with out him. He is defiantly part of the family.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahh Brodi. Such a sissy dog. Let's a few semi's get the better of him. But you've gotta love him anyways!

Karen said...

There's something about dogs that make life complete.

Wendy said...

hahahahahahaa........