Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gather Round Kids, There are Somethings I Would Like to Tell You.

I have been tagged by Karen over at the Rocking Pony. She tagged me a while a go, but I couldn't think of the right things to say. Her post was so beautiful and so sweet to her kids. I have been thinking about what I would say and so, here goes.

5 things I want my kids to know.
1. I love you with all my heart, mind, might and soul.
2. God loves you and knows you.
3. I will always be here for you, in good times and in bad times.
4. Do your best and God will help you with the rest.
5. An education is important. Get one and see where it can take you.

5 things you want to tell your children when they are grown up.
1. I am so proud of you.
2. Don't worry if you mess up, it's okay. Take what you have learned from it and grow from it.
3. Family is so important. Make time for them. I have never heard a grown man say, "I wish I would have spent more time at work."
4. Make time for you spouce. A solid happy marraige makes for a happy family.
5. Always say, "I love you." Never take the day forgranted.

5 things you want to tell your child before you die.
1. I love you and always have and always will.
2. God loves you and watches over you.
3. Do what is right, blessings will always come.
4. My life has been blessed because of you. I am so greatful for the all the times we have shared together.
5. I am so greatful that God had chosen me to be your mother, it has been a bumpy ride at times, wonderful, inspiring, humbling, and an honor. But best of all we were together and we learned from eachother, I loved that.

5 things you want your child to know before she/he dies.
1. You are a charished (son or daughter) of God, he is proud of you for how you have lived your life. He will be standing with open arms waiting for you.
2. The feeling of Pure Joy.
3. The love of a husband/wife.
4. The love of our family and theirs. The joy a child can bring into their lives.
5. Be a great friend and have great friends. Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends.


That was really hard, and I am sure I would like to say more than just five things. Now I get to tag some of you to see what you would say. I would like my sister Amanda at Amanda Creates, Jennifer over at Siguiendo Mi Catracho, Andrea over at A to Z, Tera over at Reed Family Review, and Laura at the Grapes of Roth. Hope you all have fun doing this!! It was for me!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You've done a fabulous job! It's so hard, and sobering, thinking about what you'd tell your kids on your death bed. Or theirs.

Jennifer said...

I will get this done this week :)
I need a couple of days to work on it, because it is hard...
~Jennifer