Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So, They Say it's Your Birthday!!??

Yeah, I heard a rumor that it was my birthday. Just a rumor. And you know what they say about rumors, right? Uhm,....... well ...........I do not know what they say about rumors, but I do know that it was my birthday. I turned 28 on Sunday. You would not have known it was my birthday. Can you believe it, my husband forgot it was my birthday! And me being evil, I didn't remind him either because I wanted to use it as leverage later! Whuahahahahahahaha!!! (That is my evil laugh.)

So, we went about our Sunday like always. We went to church, came home ate lunch, then he went to a funeral. He and his Dad drove together. While he was gone I told the kids it was my birthday and they were so excited. Little Cowpoke just wanted to know where was the cake. But, OH, there wasn't any. Finally around 6 pm Mr. Cowboy came home. His Dad had asked him what he got me for my birthday. He told him!! He let the cat out of the bag!!

So, what would you do if your husband forgot your birthday? I am not sure I really did anything. I was not mad. I wasn't too happy either. I kinda was shocked. I am glad my mother had sent me a box! Thank goodness for moms. They always remember!! But that is about all that is going on here! Besides I rode my two year old horse for the first time tonight!! I am so excited about that, but that really has nothing to do with this post!! So, tell me, what would you do if your husband or significant other forgot your birthday?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm not sure I could have gotten through the day without letting it slip. You know, like around dinner time when I'd say he needs to take me out to eat since he obviously didn't do anything else. And maybe tomorrow night, too.

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he forgot! I'm not sure what I'd do. I probably wouldn't throw a hissy fit or anything but I'd be getting my way for quite a while. lol

Amanda said...

Mine wouldn't have the option of forgetting. I let people know my birthday is coming for months in advance. If he forgot at that point I'd have to wonder about his mental sanity!

Pradeep Somanathan said...

that is a tough question to think about -- what would you do if your significant other forgot this important date...well, i have always wondered about this question...
i, being a guy (honestly) have forgotten some of my firend's birthdays .... i am not married or anything so i really cant compare this to that.

but the only question that i think about is - so what ??
so what if he forgot your birthday , so what if he remembered your birthday....these 2 questions could mean different things for a women who are a) happy with their bf/husbands and b) who are not happy.

for a women who is happy, well, a bf/husband forgetting their bday should not mean the end of the world to them... should it???

lets take another case of a women is unhappy-- but the bf/hsband remembers her bday takes her out to a lavish dinner and has an amazing evening, but with the crack of dawn next day, goes about his own pre-occupied world of work / somthing else..... i wonder would this be a good option...well, some might say,atleast he is aware of it and they had a good 1 day together....i would say maybe...that is a +ve way to think...but for a women who is happy...dont fret over ur other half forgetting ur special day...you are just losing (if you want to put it tht way) 1 day of togetherness...but thinking -vely about it can cause you a potential loss of a lifetime...

--pradeep