Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav

So, I have been waiting and waiting for this hurricane to get closer so I will know what to do. Mr. Cowboy doesn't want to leave, as of right now. He is thinking the storm will stay east and then we won't get much of the bad stuff. It will be down to a category 2 storm and we can hold that out here.

I do believe that everyone who is living on the Gulf Coast of Louisiana is going to get some piece of this storm. If I want to get out of the storm's way I will most likely have to drive about 5 to 6 hours north, or east, or west. Mr. Cowboy wants me to go to Katy, Texas. I don't think that is safe enough. If the storm takes a western turn then I will be a sitting duck. As of right now we are on the west side of the storm. The west side is the good side. It doesn't have a lot of the rain and tornadoes. I would prefer not to see any tornadoes. I drove 30 minutes today to pick up a man that goes to church with us. He is from Mexico and barely speaks any English. I am very rusty with my Spanish. Some how we have been communicating. He is very nice and very grateful for us coming and getting him. He was living in a trailer. So, he will stay here with Mr. Cowboy, or he will evacuate with me and the kidos. I will know what to do tomorrow. I am packing bags tonight. I figure if I pack my bags then the storm will stay east. I pray it stays east.

10 comments:

Callie said...

Batton down your hatches and stay safe!

Danielle Michelle said...

I keep watching and thinking of you!

What a great birthday! I think the cake looks fabulous. I haven't had anyone make me one for years and your little gal is sure to look back and think about how much she has been loved that her mom woud fix such a fantastic cake!

Wendy said...

As of right now, I'm thinking we'll be ok. I've resigned myself to just staying home. Plus, we have people coming to stay with us too. I'm praying for a more easterly path as well. I feel bad for wishing it on someone else though! lol
You know how I am, with my social anxieties! I can't even imagine them not letting me come home and having to stay somewhere for days and days. EEK! I would go crazy! A hotel room wouldn't be so bad but a shelter, ICK!

kdwhorses said...

Girl stay safe, praying that everything is okay!

Glad you have someone there to help you if the need arises~~

Mrs. Mom said...

Stay safe there lady. Will keep you guys in our prayers, and your HOUSE too!! ;)

Saw pre-coffee that Hannah is changing course now.... end of next week ought to be darn interesting round here...

Loved the birthday party!!! Cowpokette is such a sweet little lady, and she looked like she was having SOOO much fun! Where does the time GO though?? They are not supposed to grow up so fast, are they?

Anways- hunker down and hang onto yer butts! ;)

Hey- what do you guys do with the stock if you evac? Can you haul them out? I know you have a load of critters there...

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I wish I had something witty to say, all I can think of is... Be careful. Watch out for those babies.

Chelsi said...

I cant imagine living a place with weather like that! I'd be running at the slightest wind. The worst we get here in Canada is a snow storm (but we just sit inside by the fire and drink hot chocolate!)Be safe. Cute blog, btw, I'll be back.

The Wades said...

I've been thinking about you guys all day. I pray you're safe!

Melanie said...

I have been watching what is going on over there throughout the day...hang in there!!!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I hope all is well and everyone safe!!

BTW-your cake was very beautiful and little cowpokette is so very lucky to have such a wonderful mom.;)

I used to love to make cakes of Megan's b-day's when she was little too. No one ever looks back and thinks anything other than it was a wonderful day and how special that cake was!!!