Photo by Amanda, cropping not done by me!!
See, the one on the right? Yeah that blonde one with that innocent look on his face? Yeah, that one. He is my accident child that ends up breaking things. And he does not do this on purpose, it just seems to happen this way. A couple of months ago he somehow managed to break my favorite Southern Living vase. It was a small tragedy. But I think Saturday took the cake. We were driving home from a birthday party when he said, "Mom, there is a hole in the van seat!"
At this very moment I about slammed on the breaks, but I used better judgement because I was on the interstate. I looked in the rear view mirror and sure enough there was about a two inch slit in the seat. It was black and looked like a pen mark. I kept telling myself it was a pen mark. But then I looked back again and Big Cowpoke's finger was inside of the hole. No pen mark.
Big Cowpoke, "I don't know how it happened. It was not here yesterday! I really do not know how it happened!"
Mom, "Please stop playing with it, I will have to look at it when we get home!!!!" Steam rising from the top of my head! I haven't had this van for 6 months and the seat already has a hole in it. Well, I guess the seat can now match the side of the van, where he ran a crowbar across the door. That too was an accident.
I got home and sure enough it was a slit in the seat, but I could not find anything that did it. I was mad and baffled. So, Big Cowpoke went to his room and stayed there for a little while.
Later on that evening I hear a loud thump coming from the boys' room. Which is not uncommon. But then, from around the corner, came Big Cowpoke hobbling along. He then says, "Mom you need to come see! I broke this thing. You know that thing on the wall with the light?!"
Mom, "I really do not want to see. I really do not want to know."
Big Cowpoke, "But it's all broken, I will show you....." He walked away and came back holding pieces of the electrical outlet and the plate cover and his nightlight.
Mom, *sigh* "What in the world were you doing?"
Big Cowpoke, "I was jumping off the top bunk and my leg hit the light and then it electrocuted me, and you could see my bones, and I screamed, and then everything broke."
Mom, "Oh really you could see your bones?! Please stay out of your room until Dad gets home and can fix the outlet."
There were wires hanging out of the wall. I just don't know what else could happen. Nothing ceases to amaze me with boys. You just never know what they will come up with. Oh, and I am going to be calling Honda and seeing if my seat is under warranty, because we still can not figure out what could have made the hole in my seat.