Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Belle at 15 Weeks

I have gone a little picture crazy since I got my new camera. So, sorry ahead of time for way too many pictures. But I am just having way too much fun. Belle went to the vet yesterday and weighed 25 pounds. My goodness, she is only 15 weeks. The Vet called her, "Little Chunk of Change." And she is. My own little Brick House. She is very active. But we give her plenty of outdoor run around time. I am grateful for active little kids that like to play with her. And we go on daily walks. I love those. Exercise for me and get the puppy tired. Double bonus. Belle has one of those sweet innocent faces. For the most part she really is a good puppy. Occasionally I have to tell her not to chew on something, but that is normal. She is house broke and doesn't bark all night when she is kenneled. So, I really can't complain. She still has that bulldog look to her. She will keep all her wrinkles. Which I think will be cute. She will always look like a puppy. I love puppies. I could own hundreds of puppies. I have a horrible talent for house breaking puppies. I don't know why, but I am good at it. Maybe I am driven to house break them because I do not want my wood floors or rugs ruined? I think that Belle has had maybe 5 accidents in the house since we got her at 8 weeks old. She also is protective. She has started to bark when someone knocks on the door. I like it when my dogs sound all scary when the doorbell rings or someone knocks. That is the whole point, to me, for having inside dogs. For the scary factor. There is Belle doing her best Bulldog impression. She is starting to get wide in her shoulders. Really starting to look the bulldog part. But then there is this thing that she does when you talk to her......She cocks her head to one side and acts like she is really listening to what you have to say. I love it. I could just squeeze her when she does that. Brodi is also happy to be her big brother. He has become a lot more playful since we got Belle. He will lay down and play growl with Belle. It's so sweet to see my old man act young again. There Brodi is trying hard to look like a bulldog. I think sometimes he gets a little jealous. But at the end of the day, Brodi is the one who sleeps at the foot of our bed. All in all they both are good dogs. Brodi is so laid back I think it plays off with Belle. Today I make the great trek to the state's capitol. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve!! And today is the last day for my Sucker Giveaway!! If you haven't left a comment yet, you have until Midnight tonight!! Well, I will see you all next year!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You used the perfect word for that face - Innocent! Belle is so cute! Have a happy NEW YEAR!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Very cute. We have an English Bulldog and he is just delightful

Carolina girl said...

She really does look like she's listening with her head all cocked to one side. How sweet!

Laura said...

Thought I'd give you a heads up--you're going to be babysitting Ellie for about two weeks, so I expect her to be potty trained when I pick her up. K?

Trailboss said...

Belle (love that name) is so precious. Puppies bring out the best in us all, hence the old man playing!

Bella In The Bayou said...

Love that dog!!!

Grey Horse Matters said...

That is one of the cutest pups I've ever seen. The pictures are great too! Brodi looks like he's enjoying being a big brother too.

Callie said...

Gosh! What a cute wrinkly face! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Pony Girl said...

Am I too late for the giveaway?
Oh, Bella is TOO cute!! I love the way she sits and tilts her head. Adorable. I think it's good for older dogs to have a pup around...keeps them moving and playing and young!
Happy new year to you and yours!!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Love Belle. Seems like you are doing good with the new camera. Just wish I was as savy with a camera. My pictures are missing a head or half a body, I'm horrible with a camera. Ok, my boys names are Jon Brandon Williams (22) and Brian Dowdy(21). Brian does alot of S.E.B.R.A circuits. Does your hubby know, Cody Holliday, Ben Duggar, Cru Williams, they haul with us a good bit.
Just wanted to wish you and yours a Happy New Year.

kdwhorses said...

Oh my goodness! She has grown so! And look at the cutenss factor she has going on! Love it! I too love your new camera, the pictures are awesome!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I must beg and plead with you "No more pictures of Belle!" You have me wanting a bulldog in the worst of possible of ways. Geez! She's darling.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gosh, I know you love your camera, but with cute subjects, like you have running all around your house, it's not surprising that you're always snapping photos of them. lol!

I finally got my Christmas present last night!! Yeppers. A camera! :D

I'm so happy.

Happy New Year Andrea!
~Lisa
New Mexico

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I have camera envy. We talked of purchasing a 'grown up' camera, but didn't do it yet. Maybe in 2009, hubby is still doing research. He likes to research things that have the cost that is something quite like an investment! Blessings, Tj

Amanda said...

That little dog is growing like a weed. I just want to hug her. Such sweetness!

gtyyup said...

Bella is just adorable...what expressions she gets on her face!

Happy New Year!

Rising Rainbow said...

Don't apologize for new camera antics. Many of us are doing the same thing. Besides pictures add so much, don't know there can be toooo many!

I am a sucker for puppies too. Have been trying to behave and wait for that special boxer puppy related to my Jynx that I lost a couple years back. Don't know how good I'm going to do, my daughter's husky just whelped 6 yesterday and the sister is due anyday. How I'm going to resist these darlings is beyond me!!!! LOL

Belle looks so sweet cocking her head that way, I just want to pick her up and squeeze her!

Hope you all have a great New Year! and keep those photos coming!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

You just can't overdue the pics when they are of subjects as cute as your kids and that puppy....how do you live with all that cuteness around your house?

Just think...it won't be much longer now and you will be able to give us our fill of baby foal pictures...so excited for that!!

The Wades said...

I love your little Belle!

ezra_pandora said...

oh my gosh she's so cute. And look at those paws. You don't think she's going to be like 100 lbs??? lol I'm slowly working my way backwards through your blog, I should go the other way, lol.

I've had my camera for 3 Christmas' now. This year was the worst yet as I continue monkeying around and trying to figure out the right settings. lol Good luck with yours!