Friday, December 19, 2008

Bronchitis

So, for the last five weeks, I have had the worst cough. I never really felt sick, just a bad cough. Until two days ago. I felt horrible. The cold moved to my head and made me want to have all my top teeth pulled. I figured I had a sinus infection. I wet to the doctor and he took chest x-rays and did all sorts of stuff. He then had me meet him in his office where he said all sorts of information into a tape recorder. It was really neat. The doctor was surprised that I had not come in sooner. He said I have really bad bronchitis. They gave me a shot and three prescriptions. One prescription was an inhaler, which I am grateful for. Now I can walk on the treadmill again with out the lack of oxygen. So, I am off to make myself feel better. Oh, and tonight we are driving to Houston. Big Cowpoke gets to spend this Christmas with his Dad. Big Cowpoke's flight leaves really early in the morning, so I need to get cracking on packing some bags for the kids and the dogs. It's always an adventure going places. I probably won't post again until Monday. Give me a small break. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

And if you haven't done my toffee giveaway, there still is a little time left. I just got my box of toffee today, and it's so yummy. I need to hide it from myself. And because I can't have a post with out a picture, here is Belle at 12 weeks old.

17 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Get better SOON Andrea!!! Can't wait for my toffee to get here- should be here Monday and I will post it soon as I can!!

Safe trip to Houston for you guys!!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Belle is just the cutest pup. Feel better soon and stay off the treadmill until you are better, or you will just make yourself worse. Listen to a mother!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Get well soon!

Karen said...

I love your new look!

I hope you're feeling better soon - ugh! That toffee should help. That stuff? Is sinful.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you get better soon, it's just no fun being sick but even worse at Christmas I think.

Rambling Woods said...

Andrea...please take care..give the treadmill a break until your lungs are better..Believe me, you don't want to end up in the hospital for Christmas..been there..done that...

Izzy said...

Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope those shots make you all better. Enjoy your trip to H-town, I'll be going there on Tuesday.... can hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get feeling better and Belle is just too cute.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww! Belle is the cutest little poochie!

Now, Andrea you take care of yourself. It's the worst being sick for Christmas. Take it easy on yourself, ok?

And now you've got me reconsidering doing the Toffee contest thing. darn it! lol!

Have a safe and fun trip,
~Lisa
New Mexico

kdwhorses said...

HOpe you get to feeling better real soon!

I need to do the toffee giveaway!

Belle is such a cutie!

The Caple Crew said...

I did the toffee thing and when i went to email the guy it kept returning his email to me.....am i doing something wrong?!

Carolina girl said...

Hope you are feeling better. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new background and all the cute pictures in the header! SO awesome! Did you do it yourself? If you did, you have to come show me how!

Train Wreck said...

Yes take care and get better! Your puppy is the cuttes! I'll bet between her and your adorable little cowpokes, you can't stay down for long! Merry Christmas my far away friend.

KD said...

Here's some get well wishes for ya! That pup just gets cuter and cuter....I bet she's growing like a weed as well.

Melanie said...

I hope that you are feeling better by now...at least a little bit?

I never go to the dotor either. Why is it that we take such excellent care of others, but we let ourselves get so sick?? LOL!!!

PS-Belle is the cutest! Almost as cute as Little Cowpokette! :)Oh, and I just bought "New Moon," and I am just waiting until I have a minute to start it. Can't wait!!!

The Wades said...

Poor, tough girl! I hope those antibiotics have kicked in and you're starting to feel better.

I love Belle so much! What a cute puppy.

Cheryl Ann said...

Are you over the bronchitis yet? I always get it about 2-3 times every year (as a teacher!)...mine seems to last about 6 weeks! YES! Can you believe it? I've also had pneumonia 3x! The bronchitis developed into pneumonia. Then, you get the penicillin shot in the BUTT AND antibiotics and LOTS of bed rest! NO FUN! Take care! I hope you are better!