Friday, December 26, 2008

A Quick Christmas Recap (with a lot of pictures)

Mr. Cowboy made some apple pie.The Cowpokes waited for a chance to steal some sugary apple slices.We threw out some food for the Reindeers.It was a very important job to toss the Reindeer food out into the yard. We must try to bribe the reindeer to stop at our house! Little Cowpoke thought it was a very important job. He even shared the task with his little sister. It was getting late so we needed to head back inside to get our cookies and carrots ready for Santa. Little Cowpoke picked out his favorite cookies for Santa to eat. I think we need to start leaving Santa some baby carrots and broccoli with some dip. The carrots were for the reindeer. I am glad Little Cowpoke didn't know the exact number of reindeer or we would have had that many carrots out on the plate. Then it was off to bed with the kids. It was actually the easiest bed time ever. I told them that Santa won't come if they were awake and off to sleep they went. And you know what happened while they slept?Santa came! Hooray. Santa has had that big wheel in the attic for a year and a half. Santa kept forgetting to give it to Little Cowpoke, but this year he remembered. Then, not so early in the morning, the Cowpokes awoke and found their stockings full and toys under the tree. Little Cowpoke loves Speed Racer. He loves it when you call him "Speed". Cowpokette ran right to her baby doll car seat. I think it's just too much fun at how girly she is. She just knows what to do with those baby dolls and their accessories. "Speed Racer" took his little sister for a spin around the living room. And then we finally got Mr. Cowboy out of bed. Then it was time for some stocking fun!Yes, that is how beautiful I am fresh out of bed. I just don't think Christmas is Christmas with out horrible morning pictures! Next year I am going to start wrapping presents in November, that way I can get to bed before 2 am. Now it's present time!This was Little Cowpoke's first present to open. I wish I would have video recorded him. He was saying, "Oh I'm so excited! Oh my goodness!! MOM!! This is just what I WANTED!! AHHH!! This IS JUST WHAT I ASKED FOR!!"He finally got his remote control red dirt bike. It was his favorite present. He had been asking for one for months. We opened it and put batteries in it, and it was broken. Sigh....so now I get to go to Wal Mart today and return it and try to find another one. But Little Cowpoke was a good sport about it. Mr. Cowboy loved his beef jerky!! Little Cowpoke was excited to get his paper and crayon holder. We got it in the mail the other day from Karen over at The Rocking Pony! She has some of the most creative ideas. I just love all her shirts! She makes them all. She is so talented. Then he opened this gem. He was thrilled and said, "Look I am a chef. I am going to help you cook, Mom!" I ordered two matching aprons for my Cowpokes from Angie over at St. Fairsted Farm. She has some of the neatest aprons ever. I loved the girly frilly ones. She made the boys' aprons with International Tractors on them. So, cute! And these next set of pictures are really for my family, so they can see how our Christmas went, so feel free to scroll really fast if you want!!

My mom sent me this fabulous apron. I was so excited. I wore it all morning. I love the frilly "skirt" on the bottom. Okay, just a few more pictures, I promise!I got two new Nutcrackers! I love them! And do you see little Cowpoke in the bottom right hand corner? Do you see that hand smacking him in the face? Do you see the bracelet on that hand? Yep you got it, Cowpokette is beating her brother up. She is really one tuff cookie. And then I got this beauty. I was so excited!! It's my Christmas/Birthday present. Thanks Mom and Dad!! You guys are the best!! I took it out and charged the battery right away. I am so excited. But after all the present opening, there is always the mess. I love the paper mess. Isn't it grand? Mr. Cowboy was a great picker upper. He cleaned up the living room while I made breakfast, in my new apron of coarse!Cowpokette loved her Belle and Phillip dolls. And Belle loved her bone. Brodi didn't want his bone. He turned his nose up to it? He is such a strange dog. I think he was jealous that Belle got a bone too. Who knew a dog could be so emotional. And finally, the Christmas cactus bloomed! We had a wonderful day catching up with family and eating lots of food. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

9 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Very cute...looks like everyone had a grand time

Mikey said...

I don't even know where to start, they are all so cute!!! Cowpokette and her blankie and baby. Oh my gosh. Toooo cute!!
And you girl, got a nice present there!!! Wowsers! Can't wait to see all the pics you take.
What a wonderful Christmas!

Laura said...

What a beautiful morning you guys had! This year was so amazing for me, to watch the joy on the kids faces, and it was like I saw it for the first time. I'm so jealous over your camera! YEA!! You're going to have to come take some pics of my kids for me once you get it all figured out. Or better yet, we'll come to you and they can check out the horses! (once they have good grades, that is! lol)
Oh yeah, Santa brought us the exact same Speed Racer car and helmet--they were super big hits! So fun!

Danielle Michelle said...

What a great time! Christmas is not complete with kids and a paper mess!!!

Midlife Mom said...

I love Christmas morning with everyone in their pj's and the big smiles on the children's faces! Beautiful pictures of your precious family!

Your Christmas stockings are soooooo cute! Did you make them? My sister found two boots at Walmart this year, the only two left. I may have to make a pattern out of one of them so that I can make more.

Carolina girl said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love you new apron--so cute! And I am again impressed with Mr. Cowboy's skills in the kitchen. =)

Rambling Woods said...

Sigh...Christmas morning is for the kids...What fun it used to be..Thanks for letting me relive some fun memories....

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Does M. Cowboy know you've posted pics of him wearing those 'love muffin' jammie pants on your blog? lol!My husband would probably shoot me if I did that to him! hehe

Glad to see your kids enjoyed Christmas so much. They gots lots of great loot.
Cowpokette is like a little baby doll for you to play with. She's the cutest little muffin!

You do know I'm dying over here seeing you with that awesome camera, don't you? gah!

Thanks for the huge grin seeing you pose in that cute apron. lol!

~Lisa
New Mexico

Amanda said...

This is actually Julene, Amanda left herselof logged on my computer. I love the Gap shirt. I think it is either mine or you got it while I worked at Gap. I miss that shirt. I wore mine until I was pregnant with #4 and it was full of holes. Glad to see others keep shirts forever. :)