Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let it Snow!!

At 5:20 am, Mr. Cowboy walked into our bedroom and woke me up, with a huge snowball in his hand. He woke me and and said, "And you said it never snows in Louisiana." I swear, that man is worse than the kids. He was all giddy and excited. He went outside and took pictures.
He told me it was about two inches think on the trucks. I want to know who he had as a math teacher? That isn't two inches. He was just excited. But it was snowing. And the boys were very excited this morning. I was woken up again at 6:30 am by my father in law, who called and said, "Do you need me to hook the horse up to the sleigh, so Big Cowpoke can get to school?" I was not happy to be drug out of bed twice in one hour. Then he said, "Are the kids up? What did they think of the snow?" I told him that nobody was awake. Then my father in law said, "Well you better wake them up so they can see the snow! It will be gone soon!!" Let me tell you, it is now 8:32 am and the snow is still on the ground. Little Cowpoke was all excited to break out his snow boots and jacket. When he looked out the window he told me that he was going to go outside and eat all that snow! I love his excitement. He was even more excited when his bike was covered in snow.

Big Cowpoke had to go to school. He wasn't as excited as Little Cowpoke was. I think he was too busy being cold. It was raining when we went outside. I think it is funny that a few Parishes closed school. Out of the five in our area, only two Parishes had school today. Can you see how much snow we got? Enough to make a footprint!! And they closed school!! If we lived up north we would never have school if that was the case. I think it's so funny. Little Cowpoke just wanted to eat the snow. He was so excited about it. I had to warn him not to eat the yellow snow. Belle doesn't like the snow. She is a spoiled princess and has to be drug out in the snow. But Little Cowpoke loved it. After he was outside for about 10 minutes, he came inside and said, "Momma, my pinkie is burning!! It is burning because I have been out in the snow all day." Poor baby, his fingers were cold. So, we came inside and warmed up with some sausage and egg sandwiches.

Stop by later this afternoon for the awesome giveaway!! It will be worth your while!!!

13 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I didn't think it could snow in Louisiana myself. It's really exciting for the kids to be treated to a fluke in weather every once in a while.

Carolina girl said...

I love that last picture of little cowpoke! So cute!

Laura said...

I think we got a little more than you did (at least by the pics), and we had to go to school. Did Mr. Cowboy throw that snowball at ya in the bed? My hubs would have at least tried to dump it down my shirt to wake me up. He's such a worm!

The Wades said...

We get our school cancelled for the same kind of stuff.

I just wanted you to know I ordered that toffee you rave about and got it today! My belly is hurting from consuming so much! YOu're so right--it's delicious! Why oh why did you tell us about it and when can I get some more? :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm glad the kids were so excited about the 'snow'. I can't believe that school was actually canceled for that amount. Hope it sticks around for a while so Santa can use his sleigh to deliver the toys.

Rambling Woods said...

They closed some of the schools? I'm glad that the kids got to have some fun in the snow...

Izzy said...

When I was just a kid at my aunt's in downtown New Orleans, people were yelling and knocking on the door, I swear it must have been midnight. Anyway it was snowing!!! That's what happens when it hasn't snowed in decades!!! Fast forward to 1973 and it snowed in February. I remember my sister in law and I big fat and pregnant and dancing among the snowflakes. Today will life on in the important book of memories ;)

Bella In The Bayou said...

I found the following and it expresses everything I've felt in the past when I got to see snow....

"Thursday morning, the overwhelming emotion as the snow started to fall was joy. Workers stopped to have snowball fights.

Students stood outside and squealed with delight. Grown-ups stuck out their tongues to catch snowflakes.

The area cell phone network ground to a halt, as everybody called everybody, everywhere, and yelled, "It's snowing!" And for a few brief hours, the world was transformed."

Sarah said...

Looks like tons of fun! :-)

Julene said...

It has been so warm here, like 45 degrees! How fun for your kids to see snow so close to x-mas! It looks like fun, although I am more like big cowpoke and think it is too cold :)

Heidi said...

Got here from Mrs. Mom!! What a great little trooop you got going on here!! LOL YOur right, we call that a dusting of snow and school, weeeeeelll it has to be at least 6 inches of snow with wind.Or -35 windchill and -20 degrees before they call off school - no I am not kidding. LOL We dont have to have bitter cold and snow, but either of those 2 will call off school...

Gayla said...

What a cute post! I can't believe y'all got snow. It never came close in the three years we were there.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! Snow!
I'm glad the kids got to enjoy some of the pretty white stuff...yum, tum!
What?! You didn't make snow ice cream???
:)

We've got snow falling right now. Expecting at least a foot by tomorrow night!

~Lisa
New Mexico