Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Little Extra Holiday Weight

Brodi has always been a peculiar dog. He was an angel puppy. Super easy to house break, even easier to train, never chewed anything, but he was a bit emotional. Brodi has always had another friend dog living with him. In college my roommates always had dogs and when I moved to Louisiana, I got another dog. Brodi loves to have a dog friend with him. It keeps him sane. After Bear went missing Brodi went anorexic on me. He wouldn't eat. I would fill his bowl and it would stay full for about two or three days. Then he would nibble at it. It was depressing. But ever since we got Belle, things have kind of changed. Brodi started to eat and really hasn't stopped. Can anyone else see that gut? His belly is defiantly full. I am glad he is eating now, but my goodness, I may have to cut him back a little. And all this because we bring him home a girlfriend. But I don't blame Brodi for trying to look handsome for Belle. Who could not love that face? She is growing up so fast. When we got her, she was 10lbs. Now Belle is 15lbs. A little chunk of change. I love her squishy puppy paws. They are so soft and squishy. The only time she will let me touch them is when she is sleeping. Belle and Brodi are getting along really well. Belle has even gotten Brodi to start playing again. Brodi will get down and play growl with her. It's so sweet to see my old man get some spring back into his step. It's hard to believe Belle is 11 weeks old. At what age are they totally potty trained? I really can't wait for that day. I am about finished with going outside every 20 minutes. Some how Mr. Cowboy has gotten out of all the doggie duties. How does that happen?We will have to investigate. But in the mean time, I am glad Brodi is finally happy, even if it means he gains a little extra holiday weight.

13 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

It sounds like Belle was just the medicine that Brodi needed. I worry about how Midge and Monty will take it when we have to put Simba down.

kdwhorses said...

Oh my goodness~glad he is eating and has a perk in his step!

That 2nd pic is just too adorable! And her paw, oh my cuteness alert going off!

They do grow up fast don't they?!?!

Laura said...

Of course he got out of it. Somehow men always do. (I'm just a bit bitter today.)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Brodi looks like my dog Murphy, he's a little on the chunky side himself. I think he looks good and depending on the position he sits in , hey, he can hide the belly a little. Belle is beautiful, she's growing fast.

Aimée said...

Your dogs are so adorable. I love the pictures of your puppy staring up at the camera. She's a doll! I always wanted a girl doggie, but I have two boys. Dogs are so great, I love'em.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I hope this comment doesn't offend in any way but that first pic reminded me of Cowpokette somehow. So darn cute!

Amanda said...

EEEEEEEKS!! House breaking! Last night my golden Joanie was pacing back and forth during the wee hours of the morning and I was warm and cozy in bed and half asleep, she has not had a "inside" mistake for way over a year so rolled over and ignored her. This morning was a huge pile of poo right in front of the door to go out. It was all my fault. Next time I WILL get up and let her out. Lesson learned the hard way as usual. YUK!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I've always hung a bird bell from the door handle and would teach my dog to ring the bell when they wanted to go outside. It works great this way if you are in the other room your puppy will not be sitting at the door waiting desperately.

Karen said...

I'm glad Brodi found Belle acceptable. Poor guy.

Melanie said...

That puppy is just the cutest thing ever!!!

I was going to tell you that Brodie has a lot of catching up to do from all of that fasting that he did when Bear went missing...lol!!!

Rambling Woods said...

I guess Brody is happy again with Belle...What a cute pair they make..

New Rambling Woods Site

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, Belle is the belle of the ball! She's the cutest puppy I've seen for a long time. And just look at those paws! I love the smell of clean dog paws. Am I weird or what? lol!

Good old Brodi. What a cuddly chubby pooch! I'm so happy that he's back to feeling happy again.

~Lisa
New Mexico

The Wades said...

This was the sweetest post. You have some fantastic pictures of that sweet little puppy! I think she was definitely worth the trip to Canada. :)