Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Tree

We did manage to get the tree up and kind of straight. I had two very excited Cowpokes. Little Cowpoke is the most excited. He will run into the living room and say, "Oh, it's so beautiful, I am so happy!" Little Cowpoke is so sweet. And he is a little on the redneck side. He love "muscle shirts". And he doesn't mind showig anyone his big muscles. That picture was taken the day it was 70 degrees here and beautiful. Right before it turned 31 degrees with gusting winds and rain. Okay, it wasn't really 31, but it sure felt like it. But, anyway, back to the tree, remember those power tools that Mr. Cowboy had to break out to "trim" our tree? Well, those power tools cut off a few branches, and I used those to decorate my mantel and piano. I was so excited. I needed some greenery and there I had it! I also love our cowboy boot stockings. My mom gave those to us about 4 years ago. They are too much fun. And yes, we are short one stocking. I can't find Big Cowpoke's stocking. He has a Wrangler jean one. Then there is the piano. I got a little crazy with the greenery. I found some icicle lights that I wasn't going to be hanging and I put them under the greenery. But they only covered half the piano. So, I will have to go and find some longer lights. There the piano is, all lit up. I have a bunch of nutcrackers. I am not sure how I got into collecting them, but I love them. I had to put them up high where the Cowpokes couldn't reach them. Little Cowpoke broke one of their arms off with in .2 seconds of me opening the box. And here is the tree all lit up. I like colorful tacky trees. We have all sorts of ornaments on the tree. I like the homemade ornaments and the school made ones. I didn't know that people had themes for their trees until I came to Louisiana. My theme is "Life as I know it, Crazy." And do you see that bright blue light?That is an icicle snow man that lights up and changes colors. The boys love it. It's really bright. The boys decorated the tree tonight, and did a pretty good job of it. We only had two ornament casualties.

I also wanted to tell everyone that I am going to be having a really awesome giveaway coming up!! You all won't want to miss it!! It's going to be big! So, check back soon to see how you can get your hands on a super sweet prize!!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

My boys love the redneck muscle shirts too. Go figure. But of course, any boy who won't take off his swimsuit in the winter would like the muscle shirts, right? LOL

Rambling Woods said...

Love the tree and decorations and I didn't know that there are themes. Ours was what ever the kid made for the tree...I love those ornaments the best...

New Rambling Woods Site

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

NIce. I have always been like little cowpoke. No matter what the shape the tree was in, I always liked to lay under its lighted branches.

Carolina girl said...

Your tree is beautiful! And your stockings are too cute! You were so smart to use the stuff that he trimmed from the tree to decorate with. I just threw mine out, but now I'm wishing I hadn't. =(

kdwhorses said...

Great looking tree! I don't have a theme either, I love it! We have all blue lights, little cowgirls' favs! Love the stockings! I want to make us matching ones, but never get it done! UGH!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I still don't have a single Christmas decoration up yet. I'm getting nervous and starting to have nightmares about it. When the kids were little and I didn't work or worked part-time, we were busy decorating together right after Thanksgiving. As the years progressed and my full-time work took over my life, my daughter did most of the decorating. Now she's off at college and the boys aren't interested in doing the work. I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. Most of the houses in my neighborhood are lit up with really nice decorations while our house looks dark and haunted.

The Caple Crew said...

i think your stockings are AWESOME! Christmas is so much fun! YAY!

The Wades said...

We also have a big, tacky tree! (Even though I think yours looks beautiful!) We have ornaments from every class, every year. Oh, and colorful, blinking lights. I don't think we'll be featured in any magazines, but that's OK.

Way to be festive! Your piano is also beautiful.

Julene said...

OK, big bone to pick with you lil sis, I gave those stockings to you a couple of years ago!! They are cute and your greenery is gorgeous. I love the piano! We'll miss you soooo much this xmas!